Sometimes planning for vacations can be work, albeit fun work. My mind is spinning a little from the details and plans being made and discussed over the past five days. When I travel for work there is a set agenda with a tiny bit of time for fun but vacations are the opposite. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining, I just want to make sure I am keeping everything straight so I don’t miss out on something that I forgot to write down or email to myself. I have a lot of things in my head at the moment. In the past five days I have:
- Made reservations for the train ride Brian wanted to take in Sedona.
- Booked a pedicure for myself at the Amara Resort, where we are staying. Planned to take place the day after we spend hiking.
- Booked and confirmed a room for August in Bangor through airbnb.com.
- Made dinner reservations for our anniversary dinner at the Yavapai Restaurant in Sedona. Since we’re celebrating our anniversary a month early we’ll get two celebratory dinners this year, woot! I am also ecstatic to be able to have another prickly pear margarita, or two, at the bar before dinner, watching the sun set in the canyon.
- Met with Michelle to discuss our Jamaican adventure. We talked river rafting, yoga and just seeing what we could find.
- Ordered some Jamaican dollars from my bank.
- Packed a suitcase for Sedona and one for Jamaica, since I will only have two days in between trips.
I am sure I am forgetting to do something. I am excited to finally be on the move again, it seems like I have been at home for too long. And I am excited to see red rocks and canyons tomorrow, so pretty! Thanks for checking in!