Regardless of what holidays you celebrate, we can all can appreciate a drink. Whether it’s a toast to a special occasion or a quiet cocktail fireside, these gifts for mixologists are sure to bring joy. Plus, if you live in the same house as your favorite cocktail lover, it’s also a gift for you. I have purchased almost everything listed here and only include the things I truly love. Whether you’re looking for a gift for a teacher, something for family hosting for the holidays, or a little something for yourself, these should cover a range of tastes. If you prefer to shop in person, check out these awesome local cocktail shops.
This post was originally written in October 2020 and was fully updated in October 2022.
Table of Contents
A bottle of booze always makes a great gift. If you want to find something slightly more unique, here are a few suggestions.
- The New Kindred Spirits: If you’re looking for a gift for a spirit lover who appreciates a great review, this book provides more than 2,400 of them. The book will help you select a bottle with confidence in every spirit category you can think of.
- Viski Mountain Decanter: This decanter is beautiful and functional which makes the perfect gift. For those who like to aerate their whiskey or create their own blend, this is a great option. The mountain design in the bottom is my favorite feature.
- La Higuera Sotol: Go beyond your go-to spirit as a gift and give something your recipient might not have tried yet. I recently bought my first bottle of sotol and would definitely gift it to someone who loves Latin American liquor.
Beautiful Cocktail Tools
If your gift recipient is new to making drinks at home, I have a full guide on essential barware. If you’re looking for a great gift for someone who has the basics covered, I would suggest one of these:
- Misen Paring Knife: Every bartender needs a good knife. Whether you’re cutting citrus for juicing or crafting a garnish, it comes in handy. This one is not only beautiful, it is the perfect weight.
- Cocktail Kingdom 1/2oz 3/4 oz Japanese Jigger: It’s no secret that I love the sleekness of a Japanese-style jigger. But, when I discovered this smaller one for 3/4 of an ounce and 1/2 ounce, instead of the regular 2 ounce and 1 ounce version, I had to buy it. I love how pretty mine is too.
- Viski Crystal Mixing Glass: This is one of the newest mixing glasses in my collection. I love its sleek design and that it’s heavy enough to withstand being bumped without falling over.
- Elevated Craft Hybrid Cocktail Shaker: If you’re looking for a sleek cocktail gift, this is the one. This all-in-one cocktail shaker helps you measure, shake, and strain your drinks. The double walled design keeps the tin from getting cold or wet and it has a great seal to keep it from leaking.
- Spirits with Smoke Smoking Saucer Set: This is one of my favorite gifts for mixologists. The kit includes everything you need to get started smoking cocktails. It’s easy and fun and you will impress your friends and family with something they wouldn’t expect.
- Bull in China Funnels: These beautiful funnels come in five different finishes and hold up to a cup of fruit. (At least that’s what I was using them for, making a strawberry simple syrup.) The small strainer inside is perfect for separating liquids from solids.
- Spirits with Smoke Smoking Board: this gorgeous board is made for smoking a cocktail glass (upside down) with five different wood options. The company was started by two Canadian bartenders in Calgary who made the board for their house Smoked Old Fashioned. Customers asked for their own boards to use at home that the company was created. If you’re looking for a great recipe to try with it, this is the one.
Gift Subscriptions for Mixologists
Subscriptions are a great way to keep the giving going! Depending on your budget, you can find great ways to gift your friends and family year-round. Here are a couple of my favorites:
- Shaker & Spoon: This monthly subscription comes with everything you need to make 12 drinks (three different recipes). Each month, the recipient needs to purchase a bottle of the featured spirit. Read my full review of a year’s worth of boxes here, and save $10 off your subscription with the code COCKTAILSAWAY.
- Flaviar: This subscription service offers Tasting Boxes that allow two people to sample three spirits. You can choose from a variety of spirits including whiskey, rum, and tequila. You can choose from a Club Membership or just order by the box or by the bottle.
- El Guapo Bitters of the Month: From the heart of New Orleans comes El Guapo bitters and cocktail mixers. Their Bitters of the Month subscription makes for the perfect gift. Choose from 3-, 6-, 9-, or a 12-month subscription. Or, order some of their delicious pecan orgeat or ginger syrup.
Gifts to Keep Your Cocktails Cold
One of the keys to making great drinks is proper dilution. These gifts will ensure you or your gift recipient has plenty of stylish ice to get the job done.
- I think any drink with clear ice looks super classy. The True Cubes Clear Ice Cube Tray is a game changer. It really works. I made cubes with a standard silicone mold (left) and True Cubes (right). It makes four 2″ cubes every 18-22 hours, which is all I really need. If you want to elevate your gift, consider helping your gift receiver customize their ice.
- The On the Rocks clear ice maker makes both ice spheres (above) and cubes. I got one for my birthday. It makes five spheres and six 2″ cubes in roughly the same amount of time as the True Cubes maker.
- This countertop clear ice maker that I have in my home bar will have all your drinks looking professional. In just 15 minutes, you’ll have a tray of ice. The machine makes up to 40 pounds of ice every 24 hours. Bring on the holiday gatherings!
Unique Cocktail Ingredients
If you are getting bored of your go-to drink, kick them into a new direction by adding in a new flavor. Plus, all of these items are made by small businesses.
- Boozy Botanicals: With a range of delicious flavors from Lavender Earl Grey to Three Pepper, these fancy simple syrups from Kansas City make drinks easy. Just add two ounces of a spirit to 0.5-0.75 ounces of Boozy syrup, shake with ice, and you’re done.
- Vena’s Fizz House Itty Bitters Bundle: With a wide variety of flavors from pine to Indian spices, Vena’s has you covered. The small bottles allow you to experiment with lots of flavors without filling your shelves with bottles. Plus, it’s from my hometown of Portland, Maine.
- El Guapo Creole Orgeat: If you follow me on Instagram or have been to my house for a drink, you have heard about this orgeat. Made in New Orleans with Georgian pecans, it’s just magic in everything. I like to buy one large bottle for me and two smaller bottles to gift.
Booze and Cocktail Experiences
Spending time together is really the best gift. If you add cocktails and spirits to that, well, you’re a genius. Here are a few of my favorite experiential gift suggestions.
- Host a whiskey tasting: Create fun and memorable experiences at home. Check out this easy guide on how to host your own. Try local spirits, or pick a region to explore.
- Nothing is better than discovering a spirit you love in the place where it’s made. Take your favorite people to a distillery for a tour. If you’re not sure where to start, I have some guides for you. Most tours are affordable and include a tasting.
- Give them a MasterClass: Many of us learn by seeing and doing. If your gift recipient has exhausted YouTube for all the home bartending videos, MasterClass has you covered. James Beard honoree Lynnette Marrero and Ryan Chetiyawardana will teach you the essentials of cocktail making. Their 17-part series teaches how to mix a perfectly balanced drink for every occasion and mood.
- Take a trip to a place where you can learn all about a spirit. This hotel in Tequila, Mexico will have you sleeping in a giant wooden barrel. They offer tequila tastings, guided tours, and have an on-site museum. If you’re more into bourbon, check out this amazing property in Louisville, Kentucky.
Apparel Gifts for Mixologists
Buying clothing for other people can be tricky but these items are sure to be a hit. Or you can just request them for yourself.
- Bridge & Burn Whiskey T-Shirt: I love this t-shirt so much that I have bought replacements. It always garners lots of compliments and is available in black and grey for men and women.
- Sazerac Socks: Who doesn’t love fun socks? These are from the Sazerac House in New Orleans and are thick and soft.
- hedley & bennett apron: This is cross-back apron is on my gift list. It comes in a variety of colors.
Gifts for Cocktail Lovers on the Go
Being away from home doesn’t mean the quality of your cocktails has to suffer. These cocktail gifts will make you a pro on the go!
- Aged & Ore Travel Decanter: Available in three colors, this travel decanter comes with a glass vessel for spirits or cocktails and two metal tumblers. The all-in-one design pops into a canvas bag and is ready to roll!
- Travel Bar Set: I love taking my cocktail gear to a friend’s house to make cocktails. Ideally, I want to have everything I need to make great drinks. This set is beautiful and makes the perfect gift.
Small Gifts for Cocktail Lovers
Whether you’re stuffing stockings, or looking for a small gift, these are some of my favorites. Put a few of these together into a basket, or an ice bucket, and you have a bigger present.
- Enamel Drink Pins: With 17 cocktail designs to choose from, it might be hard to pick one for a friend or yourself. Go ahead and order a few.
- Glass Straws: For an environmentally minded friend, these reusable glass straws and cocktail picks from Surfside Sips are durable and beautiful. They come in a variety of colors and the straws come in five lengths. They are very affordable and you can save 20% off your order with the code COCKTAILSAWAY.
- Cloth Cocktail Napkins: I love serving cocktails with fancy napkins. Not only do they help combat condensation, but they make things feel a bit festive. These flour sack cloth ones are perfect year-round.
- Meehan’s Mixology Spoons: Making cocktails requires different measurements than your standard measuring spoons. This set from Cocktail Kingdom features a bar spoon, along with ounces, tablespoons, and teaspoons. The set comes in a tin box that is perfect for gifting.
- Viski Champagne Stopper: I love cocktails with champagne or prosecco. Often times, I am only making one or two drinks and have to open a whole bottle of bubbles. This stopper is the ONLY one that actually keeps the wine fresh. Plus, it makes a beautiful gift.
- Stasher Reusable Storage Bags: Earlier this year, I wrote a post about greening your home bar. I had started using these bags to store ice and cut fruits.
Serveware & Glassware for Cocktail Lovers
- Rémy Savage Low Ball Glasses: I bought these glasses last year and I love them. Not only are they gorgeous, but they are highly functional and dishwasher safe. They work well with a variety of drinks and the 2″ clear ice cubes fit inside them perfectly.
- Gold Serving Tray: This beautiful tray will look good anywhere you put it. Its sleek design is timeless and it’s perfect for hosting your friends and family. A perfect gift for mixologists if you ask me.
- Nothing will look nicer on your friend’s celebratory table or bar than these Viski Gatsby Highball Glasses. From their Art Deco design to the 15oz capacity, these will make a great gift for your favorite glassware lover.
Gifts for Mixologists and Cocktail Lovers Who Want to Cut Back
The cocktail world is becoming more mindful of those who may not drink for a variety of reasons. I have not been in a bar recently that didn’t offer at least one or two delicious alternatives to boozy drinks. Finding gifts for mixologists that help them be sensitive to more preferences helps makes them a better bartender.
- Lyre’s Spirits: If you are looking to switch out a base spirit for a very good alternate, you need to try these. Lyre’s comes in fifteen flavors ranging from a dry London spirit to a non-alcoholic cane spirit (like a rum). Store the bottles in the refrigerator after they’re opened.
- Drinking Lightly by Natasha David: This book contains a great mix of both non-alcoholic drinks and ones made with lower proof ingredients like amaro and fortified wines. You’ll discover new ingredients while paging through the book.
- Lagunitas Hoppy Refresher: If you’ve been to my house lately, chances are I have made you something with this amazing hopped water from Lagunitas. The water is carbonated with no alcohol and zero calories. It pairs well with juices, fruit syrups, and booze (if you so choose).
- Three Spirit Drinks are not only non-alcoholic, they also contain herbs that help you relax or get ready for a party. They are good on their own or you can mix them with tonic water or spirits. You can read my review and recipes here.
And there you have it—41 great gifts for mixologists. If you’re the cocktail lover, send this link to your loved ones with your favorite items starred. Cheers to celebrating with fun and thoughtful gifts!