Some posts here on Cocktails Away contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you click one of these links – at no extra expense to you. Read more about this in my Privacy Policy.

The first week of my trip in London was spent working on/at our annual festival. The best part of the week was seeing my friends/co-workers. One night we caught up over rounds of delicious cocktails at Nine Lives. If you are in London, don’t miss it! 

Brian flew in on Friday to help with the festival, and to see what takes me to London each fall. On the last day of the festival, a group of us took advantage of a break and had a delicious high tea at the InterContinental London – O2. We had tea, finger sandwiches, and so many tiny pastries and cakes. Just enough sugar and energy to power us through the clean up after the festival was over.

On Monday, Brian and I took a train up to Edinburgh, Scotland. It was perfect timing for a few days of vacation before heading back home. The upstairs of our Airbnb was too cute. The stone cottage, formerly a coopers quarters and workshop, sat beside a big park. It also sat next to one of The University of Edinburgh’s libraries. It was a great location to walk to most anywhere from.

After we got settled in, we walked back to the center of town to pick up a walking tour. We learned about the Blair Street Underground Vaults with Mercat Tours. It was a great way to hear stories about Edinburgh and the history of the fascinating set of underground caverns. Built in the 18th century beneath the South Bridge, the caverns housed everything from factories to illegal apartments.

After the tour, we headed to Devil’s Advocate for a delicious dinner. I started off with Cycling in the French Riviera. Star of Bombay gin, Suze, Cocchi Americano, yellow chartreuse, and cucumber bitters – so good!

After a week of mostly grab and go meals, I needed some veggies. I ordered the roasted cauliflower with tahini, sumac, pomegranate and toasted seeds. It was very good.

It was pretty cold outside (40’s F) so we bundled up and headed back to our cottage. Had to rest up for a very packed couple of days, more on that tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This